Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Political Illo's & PIP (Process in Process)

For my illustrations for the school paper I've been getting back into working digitally, but am still relying on pencil and pens for drawing.  I'm using this opportunity to try and develop a process (or maybe a few perhaps) of working digitally that works well and quickly for me.  For the portraits in last week's post, I just did pencil drawings and scanned them into photoshop, adjusted the levels to make the lines thick and clear, and then proceeded to paint.  For these two illustrations I did the pencil drawing and then inked them with pens, scanned, adjusted, painted.  I think they're working well so far, but I still have some tweaking to do to get the line quality I want.  Hopefully I will get better at inking, too.

Pencil drawing & thumbs


Ink on tracing paper
Final in Photoshop
Closet Conservative Obama



For this one I just inked right on top of the pencils (no tracing paper).  
I liked doing it that way a lot better.


Final in Photoshop
2011 Iowa GOP Debates 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails